The project’s aim is to develop the entrepreneurship skills and competences of unemployed young people from seven European countries (Austria, Ireland, Italy, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, United Kingdom), who have an interest in creating their own social business and have an affinity for IT – one of the most important business sectors from EU.
The overall objectives of the project are:
- To promote entrepreneurship education among unemployed youth, especially in countries with a high youth unemployment rate, which will lead to new business creation and employability and ultimately assist them in building a future for themselves
- To create a transnational European identity among participating young people to embrace active citizenship and provide a new perspective
- To facilitate innovative learning practices in entrepreneurship education by developing and implementing trainings, workshops and other approaches to increase the labour market relevance of young people
I SEE YOU aims to reach unemployed youth that shows an interest and skills in IT and envisions to start a social business.
Young people included in the project are aged between 18 and 30 and come from Austria, Ireland, Italy, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, United Kingdom.
A special focus is put on youth with migrant or minority background as these face additional barriers to entering the labour or entrepreneurship market.
In order to fulfill the objectives of the project, specific activities were designed by the project partners:
- Ranking of the entrepreneurial key competences (leadership, willingness to explore, ability to plan, ability to take decisions, ability to prioritize, creativity, taking initiative, digital competences, competitiveness and the ability to think critically) according to the specific environment of each country involved in the project.
- Development of the Youth & Multiplier Activation Action Plan, which ensures a widespread reach in each partner country to attract interested youth to participate in the I SEE YOU entrepreneurship exercise.
- Writing of a Migrant / Minority Inclusion Strategy Paper that evaluates the situation of migrants / minority youth in Europe and contribute to raising awareness on this issue across EU.
- Development and the provision of entrepreneurship trainings for the young people involved in the project.
- Provision of a guideline for the youth about finding Business Angels and developing an effective pitch for them; and the development of a directory of Business Angel institutions in each partner country that the youth can use when they are ready to approach investors for their business ideas.
- The development of a multiplayer turn-based entrepreneurship simulation game focused on the key skills required by an entrepreneur, such as problem solving, decision making, persuasion, and communication skills.
- Bringing together all the participating organizations, multipliers and stakeholders of the project in network events and in a final conference, in order to disseminate the project and ensure the sustainability of the project's results and tools created.
Do you still have questions or do you want to be part of the project?
Get in contact with us!